IW6x Server Install Guide
- Download the IW6x Dedicated Server Full torrent and place it in a location of your choosing on your VPS or PC.
- Download the IW6x client from the X Labs Download and place it into your server folder.
- Download the server configurations from GitHub, and place the files in the server folder.
- Carefully review and edit the configuration settings file to your liking. Give it a hostname, gametype, and remove/add maps that you want on the rotate, etc.
- Save the server.cfg file you just edited after you are done.
- Forward the TCP and UDP port (27016). If you changed the default port or are adding another server, you may need to open the following addition ports: 27017, 27018, etc.
- Run the start bat for the server you want and it should begin to load.
g_gametype in server.cfg does not work. Game type must be set in the map rotation. Example:
set sv_maprotation "gametype war map mp_prisonbreak map mp_dart".
- Other issues may exist that are not covered here. This is an initial release, so be aware that you might experience difficulties running dedicated servers for IW6x.
Server Administration Software:
IW4madmin partially supports IW6x. Not all functions work but full support is planned as the client is further developed. For downloads and more more information, please visit IW4MAdmin.