IW6x Server Install Guide
- Download the IW6x Dedicated Server Full torrent and place it in a location of your choosing on your VPS or PC.
- Download the IW6x client from the X Labs Download and place it into your server folder.
- Download the server configurations from GitHub, and place the files in the server folder.
- Carefully review and edit the configuration settings file to your liking. Give it a hostname, gametype, and remove/add maps that you want on the rotate, etc.
- Save the server.cfg file you just edited after you are done.
- Forward the TCP and UDP port (27016). If you changed the default port or are adding another server, you may need to open the following addition ports: 27017, 21018, etc.
- Run the DedicatedServer.bat or ExtinctionDedicatedServer.bat and the server should begin to load.
Extinction Mode Server:
If you want to set up an Extinction server, you must do the following:
+aliensMode 1 to your .bat file or launch parameters.
- Adjust your map rotation to use the Extinction maps. Example:
set sv_maprotation "gametype aliens map mp_alien_town map mp_alien_armory map mp_alien_beacon map mp_alien_dlc3 map mp_alien_last"
g_gametype in server.cfg does not work. Game type must be set in the map rotation. Example:
set sv_maprotation "gametype war map mp_prisonbreak map mp_dart.
- The port cannot be set manually. The server will run on the default port of 27016. Should you decide to set up a second server, the server should automatically assign itself the next highest port.
- A bug has been identified which crashes dedicated servers. We suspect it is related to a map change. If you are a server owner, you can try extending your matches to infinity by doing
scr_war_timelimit 0; scr_war_scorelimit 0.
This will prevent TDM matches from ending and should thus be a workaround for the bug (if you are hosting other gamemodes, replace war accordingly). The X Labs team is working on a fix as fast as possible.
- Other issues may exist that are not covered here. This is an initial release, so be aware that you might experience difficulties running dedicated servers for IW6x.
Server Administration Software:
IW4madmin partially supports IW6x. Not all functions work but full support is planned as the client is further developed. For downloads and more more information, please visit IW4MAdmin.