S1x Server Install Guide
- Download the S1x Dedicated Server Full torrent and place it in a location of your choosing on your VPS or PC. (NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE)
- Download the S1x client from the X Labs Download and place it into your server folder. (NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE)
- Download the server configurations from GitHub, and place the files in the server folder. (NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE)
- Carefully review and edit the configuration settings file to your liking. Give it a hostname, gametype, and remove/add maps that you want on the rotate, etc.
- Save the server.cfg file you just edited after you are done.
- Forward the TCP and UDP port (27016). If you changed the default port or are adding another server, you may need to open the following addition ports: 27017, 21018, etc.
- Run the DedicatedServer.bat or ZombiesDedicatedServer.bat and the server should begin to load.
Zombies/Survival Mode Server:
If you want to set up a Zombies or Survival Mode server, you must do the following:
+zombiesMode 1 (zombies), or
+survival 1 (horde) to your .bat file or launch parameters respectively.
- Adjust your map rotation to use the Zombies maps. Example:
set sv_maprotation "gametype zombies map mp_zombie_ark map mp_zombie_brg map mp_zombie_h2o map mp_zombie_lab"
g_gametype in server.cfg does not work. Game type must be set in the map rotation. Example:
set sv_maprotation "gametype war map mp_prisonbreak map mp_dart.
- The port cannot be set manually. The server will run on the default port of 27016. Should you decide to set up a second server, the server should automatically assign itself the next highest port.
- A bug has been identified which crashes dedicated servers. We suspect it is related to a map change. If you are a server owner, you can try extending your matches to infinity by doing
scr_war_timelimit 0; scr_war_scorelimit 0.
This will prevent TDM matches from ending and should thus be a workaround for the bug (if you are hosting other gamemodes, replace war accordingly). The X Labs team is working on a fix as fast as possible.
- Other issues may exist that are not covered here. This is an initial release, so be aware that you might experience difficulties running dedicated servers for S1x.
Server Administration Software:
IW4MAdmin partially supports S1x. Not all functions work but full support is planned as the client is further developed. For downloads and more more information, please visit IW4MAdmin.